Thursday, January 29, 2015

Bookworm Fairy: A New Start

Well, my terrible luck with illnesses has continued, but I have a new start!! I haven't had much time to work on it, as my main time comes on the weekends and last weekend I was laid low by pneumonia, from which I am still recovering. This weekend I'll be heading home to watch the Patriots play in the Super Bowl on my 21st birthday with my family! Only thing that could make the weekend better is if we win. :)

So I really shouldn't have, but I could not resist starting Bookworm Fairy, a Hannah Lynn Heaven and Earth Design. I have had the chart for a couple years but was too intimidated to start it before. I've decided to stitch it two over one on 18 count Aida. I used a Michael's gift card to partially kit it up over Christmas break. I'm still missing about 1/3 of the thread (including the color for that one stitch in the upper left corner), but I have enough to make a good start on this piece. I'm so excited to work on this piece! The colors are so lovely. :)


Bookworm Fairy
Started January 23, 2015

And here's what it will look like eventually:


Happy stitching!

7 comments:

  1. That looks great I'm looking forward to seeing this grow she's so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful! The design is so cute, I love it! Hope you're back to feeling 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she is so pretty, Katie. I hope that you feel great for your exciting birthday weekend coming up. Happy Birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start! Hope you gets those floss colors soon. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous design and a fabulous start

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chart is gorgeous, and you've made a great start! The colors are so vibrant.
    Happy birthday, and I hope you get your Superbowl win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand your excitement, I'm always excited when I start a new big project. You have some great progress on it so far.
    Have fun watching the game tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete